A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically anchored into your jaw. This appliance can then hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. At Willowdaile Cosmetic and Family, Dr. Vincas Sidrys or Dr. Matthew Garcia can offer implant restoration in Durham, North Carolina. Our dentists can place the visible portion of the tooth after an oral surgeon has placed the dental implant. Call us today at 919-479-5800 to learn more about dental implants!
Reasons for Implants
- Implants do not rely on neighboring teeth for support.
- They are permanent and stable because the implant is secured within the jawbone.
- The replacement teeth look, feel and function just like your own natural teeth.
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain. No more food restrictions.
- Future bone loss from dentures will no longer occur when you have implants.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile, and help you feel better about yourself.
- Dental implants do not require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene. As an implant-denture wearer, you will not be inconvenienced by adhesives or shifting denture appliances.
- Implants are very durable and will last many years.
- They only require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing and regular dental check-ups. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of needing to remove your dentures, as well as dealing with messy adhesives.
- Implant material is made from different types of metallic and bone-like ceramic materials that are compatible with body tissue.
Purpose of Implants:
- Replace a single tooth with an implant and crown.
- Retain an over-denture with several implants.
- Eliminate a partial denture with several implants and a bridge.
Source: American Dental Association®